Sunday, April 10, 2011

To Prick or Not to Prick

I suspect that I will face this kind of dilemma frequently in the coming months, as I plunge my hands further into the gardening world.  This time, I had to decide whether or not my lavatera seedlings were ready to be pricked out.

The proper answer is probably no; they are small and fragile and not over-congested, but they have started to wilt, and I suspect this is because the egg carton I planted them in is too shallow for their developing root systems.   Keen to spend some time gardening today, as well as experiment, I decided to prick out half of them and leave the other half.

We'll see what happens in a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, questions? Feel free to leave a link back to your own blog or site in your comment so we can add it to our web exploring list!