Friday, April 22, 2011

{Recycling} Earth Day Eco Picks

Happy Earth Day folks!  I just finished a post on my work blog about Easy Eco Tips for the Office, but really most of my Earth Day activites are centred around my gardens.  I'll be shopping for plants this afternoon, but have already made two purchases to help me be a more eco-concious gardner.

I've been looking at these items for a while, and Earth Day seemed to be a good excuse to treat myself. :)

Newspaper Potter.
I actually hardly ever have newspapers in the house, but I do have an abundance of magazines, flyers, envelopes etc that I am hoping I can use.

I have no shortage of pots at the moment, but as I am hoping to sell many of my young plants to raise money for charity this gadget should prove to be a useful tool, and I have a few ideas for marketing ideas too. (I'll keep you posted!)

Rapid Root Trainer
These pots are as much to save my poor wee seedlings from my clumsy and impatient fingers as they are to reduce waste.

Trying to untangle, tease out and replant my delicate seedlings I think I killed most of them. Luckily I had planned for my inexperience resulting in a high mortality rate, so I had banked on numbers saving my garden from a total loss!

I look forward to using these pots to create seedlings that will grow neatly, allow me to check root development, and easily transplant into their final home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, questions? Feel free to leave a link back to your own blog or site in your comment so we can add it to our web exploring list!