Monday, February 6, 2012

And so it begins...

After the mess that was my home office last Spring I decided to invest in some proper seed propagation trays this year in order to keep my house looking a little less like a crazy person had taken over.

Quite a difference!


All of the precise little pockets are filled with John Innes seedling compost, and each is just waiting for me to plant a little seed into it tomorrow.

I was also astounded by the resilliance of nature when I stumbled across three wrinkled Hyacinth bulbs, which despite having been lingering at the bottom of a soilless pot for over 12 months in my shed are not only sprouting but boasting flower buds.  Needless to say they have been rescued and tucked in to a pot of compost, watered and given pride of place on my dining room table.  I wonder if they will flourish, or reel back into hibernation from the shock of such lavish attention following their cruel neglect?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, questions? Feel free to leave a link back to your own blog or site in your comment so we can add it to our web exploring list!